For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl

Go down 
+6
SilensCaelum
Everlong
waaar81
Zotendo
Forsaken Lament 44
BrightScales
10 posters

What was better?
Melee
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_lcap53%Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_lcap33%Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Both
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_lcap7%Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
I didn't like either
Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_lcap7%Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Back

AuthorMessage
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am

Was Brawl really better?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm definitely going to have to go with Melee on this one. Sure Brawl had more characters, online mode, and an adventure mode. But it lacked the "feeling" that melee had which made it so special....when Melee came out, it was like a brand-new game! When Brawl game out, it felt like an upgrade, like a "Melee 1.5" The event matches on Brawl were dull, the adventure mode wasn't the greatest...and it wasn't hard at all! In melee it took me ages to unlock all the characters...and i had fun doing it! Not so in Brawl...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:03 pm

I thought melee was harder amd more fun to play. Not to mention 2 of my favorite characters were taken off (pichu and Mewtwo)
Back to top Go down
Zotendo

Zotendo

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm going with Melee. Brawl is a downgrade in my opinion and also, how could they get rid of Mewtwo and Dr.Mario(aww the electric palm...I miss it so.)
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Well I didnt play melee too much so Im gonna go with brawl and specially since fighting games are more fun when you have someone to play agaisnt and with brawl I have more chances of doing so.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:42 am

Yeah, but the online itself can't make the game(even if SSB is mainly a multiplayer game)...I mean, I played melee alone the majority of the time, but i suppose that shows just how amazing Melee was if it kept me so occupied. There were so many secrets(which were actually HARD to get) which really kept the game interesting, and really gave you a satisfying feeling if you accomplished the challenge to get them.

Brawl let me down in this category. For example, NOTHING for beating the last event match on hard?! That was just ridiculous...and it seemed all too common in the game.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:48 am

Guess I'll pick the coward's way and say: both. Razz I really can't pick favorites because I like each for what it is. Melee came first and set a lot of the ground work for what Brawl basically is...and I admit that I liked the event matches a lot more in Melee than in Brawl. However, the character and stage selection in Melee just kind of felt...off to me. In Brawl, I viewed it as more refined, even if 'clones' still remained.

For Brawl, yeah, online is alright and the SSE could have been a heck of a lot better and I wish it would have actually been having to fight more bad guys from various Nintendo games rather than the Heartless' cousins twice removed, but well, to each their own, I suppose. I totally liked Brawl a lot more for its unlockables as well and her trophies and stickers additions were all so rich and vast from Nintendo's (and Sonic the Hedgehog's and Metal Gear Solid's) history as well.
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Personally, I like brawl best. I didn't play melee much, I basically just played against my brother. I never really go INTO the game. Plus, playing with my brother would get extremely tiring, considering how he would almost always beat me. Brawl gives me the option to play online and fight various brawlers, with whom I actually had a chance to win for a change. Also, I think the fluidity of the controls are better brawl. You can't forget the smash balls either, I mean, those are just cool. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm

i'll admit that the online mode in brawl is the game's saving grace...but even that is done sloppily. it's nice to have online, but when the interface looks more dated than an online PS2 game, I think there's a bit of an issue. I think my disappointment in the game comes from my fantasies about how great the game could have been.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

they could have made brawl better... maybe its because they were in a hurry to get done?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 pm

well maybe, but don't you remember all of the delays? We waited forever for this game, and it looked rushed.

In my opinion, they should have left out Subspace Emissary and put a lot more into the online and other modes...or at least, they should have made the Subspace mode a little more decent.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:03 pm

well one things for sure they messed up brawl royaly(online wise) Melee was always better in a lot of ways.... it kept you occupied, it was harder, and overall better
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:49 pm

FINALLY a SSB poll with an answer I can use, I didn't like any of them, if I had to choose my favorite it was the original and I didn't like that very much either.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 am

Maybe I'm just a little too easy to please, but I think Brawl is awesome. It was a great game, but Brawl is better in most ways. Besides the online, there were a ton of characters in Melee that were clunky and nearly useless like Link, Zelda, or Bowser. In Brawl I actually enjoy playing Link or Bowser, and my sister proved that even without Sheik, Zelda is now one of the more irritating characters. Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl 4810

You can now choose from many different soundtracks, +about 15 characters, (although I still think they could and should have put Ridley, Zant, and Midna in Evil or Very Mad ), more costumes, and many other things.

The biggest problem I have with Brawl is not what it is, but that it could have been better, such as S.S.E. or the stage editor. (which I'd like to point out that S.S.E., while less than stellar, was a lot better than Adventure Mode Rolling Eyes and stage editor wasn't even in Melee at all. ) I also would have liked to see more Melee stages (like Poke Floats Sad ) but even so, Brawl's stages aren't bad. Online has it's flaws (SERIOUS flaws) but if you manage to play online on Melee.....more power to you.

Maybe I'm too easy to please, but I think a lot of us might be letting the disapointment of what Brawl could have been ruin the game. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:06 pm

double post!!!!

anyway, Poke Floats??? that was THE worst stage EVER
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
Maybe I'm just a little too easy to please, but I think Brawl is awesome. It was a great game, but Brawl is better in most ways. Besides the online, there were a ton of characters in Melee that were clunky and nearly useless like Link, Zelda, or Bowser. In Brawl I actually enjoy playing Link or Bowser, and my sister proved that even without Sheik, Zelda is now one of the more irritating characters. Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl 4810

You can now choose from many different soundtracks, +about 15 characters, (although I still think they could and should have put Ridley, Zant, and Midna in Evil or Very Mad ), more costumes, and many other things.

The biggest problem I have with Brawl is not what it is, but that it could have been better, such as S.S.E. or the stage editor. (which I'd like to point out that S.S.E., while less than stellar, was a lot better than Adventure Mode Rolling Eyes and stage editor wasn't even in Melee at all. ) I also would have liked to see more Melee stages (like Poke Floats Sad ) but even so, Brawl's stages aren't bad. Online has it's flaws (SERIOUS flaws) but if you manage to play online on Melee.....more power to you.

Maybe I'm too easy to please, but I think a lot of us might be letting the disapointment of what Brawl could have been ruin the game. Just my two cents.

and i like your 2 cents lol and i also agree with every thing you say

firegremlin wrote:
double post!!!!

anyway, Poke Floats??? that was THE worst stage EVER

i fixed it Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks Jody! (for both fixing and agreeing with my posts)

I do have to agree with Cory on the secrets, but that it isn't enough to change anything. I loved Melee (which was my first SSB game) but I view Brawl as more of an upgrade, rather than a different game. Maybe that's why...

[quote="firegremlin]anyway, Poke Floats??? that was THE worst stage EVER[/quote]

Thank you Fire. Very Happy I was starting to think Big Blue might rival it, but now it's confirmed - Poke Floats Wink

Seriously though, I enjoyed how it didn't have any hazards but the constantly changing platforms. Some of my best saves and kills were in that stage......I really miss it, sigh.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 pm

I liked poke floats.... it had a fun feel to it kind of like the pirate ship one in brawl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Melee vs Brawl
Page 1 of 1