For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
l33tsmasher

l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Empty
PostSubject: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 pm

idk but ive been hearing and reading some things lately that sony is going to have their members pay to play online. and i am definantly NOT looking forward towards that... seriously...

but i also heard that sony is making a "premium" online, which people CAN get if they want... but im not sure if thats true either...

is sony really getting rid of their big "hook" about the ps3?! or is it just a rumor?...
Back to top Go down
Guest 23

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Sony can F@%&# themselves if they pull that. I swear that's the only thing that makes it worth buying over the 360, since most of their exclusives are crap.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I definetly think will do this. They finally have a somewhat of an edge over Microsoft and Nintendo so why not make some money as well? Yeah, it's gonna happen but I'm not sure about that premium service thing though...
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

i read about the premium service rumor and there are different levels of it you can pay a one time offer of like 50$ i believe but you can get up to 6 classic PS1 games. let me find link
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 pm

found it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
ChocoboK

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 pm

I don't understand why everyone's going so crazy over this. Every site I go to it's the same pissing and moaning. You know what? You're enjoying a damn good service, and you only get what you pay for. 360 owners are paying for their service, it's only fair this is how it's going to be. What would you do if u were in Sony's shoes, I mean honestly??
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:52 pm

It's a premium service that is optional for those who want to upgrade. The free online service that we PS3 users have up to this point will remain as is so you have nothing to worry about; unless you want to upgrade. Either way, from what I hear about this premium service, I've no incentative to upgrade. I'm fine with what I've got for now.
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

ChocoboK wrote:
I don't understand why everyone's going so crazy over this. Every site I go to it's the same pissing and moaning. You know what? You're enjoying a damn good service, and you only get what you pay for. 360 owners are paying for their service, it's only fair this is how it's going to be. What would you do if u were in Sony's shoes, I mean honestly??

well i get what your saying... but the only problem is that, i dont want to pay for what im already paying for... you have to pay for internet, dont you? then if sony does this, then itll make it so you have to pay even more. but i guess itll be all ok... as long as sony doesnt make it more expensive than xbox, then i can deal...

firegremlin wrote:
I definetly think will do this. They finally have a somewhat of an edge over Microsoft and Nintendo so why not make some money as well? Yeah, it's gonna happen but I'm not sure about that premium service thing though...

but like gremlin said, if their over microsoft and nintendo, why mess that up for them?! by doing this, wont sales probably go down a little and everyone just switch to microsoft? i mean, yeah sony's got some good "exclusives" but microsofts got even better... im a sony fan admitting that microsoft has SOME better games... so im dead serious xD
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

If its merely an optional upgrade, I don't really see what the problem is. I'm not sure I'd want to pay $50 for it, even if it does include 6 PS1 games, but what I'm worried that Sony's appetite will not be satisfied as time goes by. This may be the beginning of an unpopular trend...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?
Page 1 of 1