For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

How much are you paying for school?

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

How much are you paying for school? Empty
    PostSubject: How much are you paying for school?   How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm currently in the process of applying to colleges to transfer to and just looking at the annual costs blows my mind. I have 3 main schools in mind; one that is $40,000+, the other is $30,000, and the last is a little over $20,000. I saved myself 2 years of college money by going to a community college, but still I have at least 3 more years left of continuing my education. I approximate that I will get roughly $10,000 grand in scholarships yearly due to my gpa and portfolio, but even with that I am afraid to commit to any of these schools! I'm looking at $40,000 dollars in debt MINIMAL by 2014! No
    Back to top Go down
    http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: How much are you paying for school?   How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Mwahaha, the Scottish government pays all the student fees for Scottish residents so universities are essentially free here! Cool
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: How much are you paying for school?   How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Also, if I go to an English univeristy (which are better than Scottish ones), the maximum fees get to is £9000 which is just under $15,000. Cool
    Back to top Go down
    frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: How much are you paying for school?   How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm

I get a similar position to firegremlin, but I still have to pay for my course. The two years combined are in the $30,000 region, but the government loans that to me to pay for the course. Now, when my salary gets over a certain threshold, they take it out of my taxes.

Sure, I'm in debt for likely the rest of my life, but… Eh, I'll report back if it was worth it in a year or two.
    Back to top Go down
    http://frozentreasure.com
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much are you paying for school?   How much are you paying for school? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much are you paying for school?
    Page 1 of 1