For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Empty
PostSubject: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

According to this IGN article, there is a distinct possibility that the original Silent Hill, which was on the PSX, is going to be remade for both the Wii and PSP...Here's the article-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now if you're a true Silent Hill fan, this could be welcome news...however, if you're knowledgable in how things often work for PSP/WII games, there is cause for concern...either way, a motion controlled Silent Hill does sound pretty interesting...

Last edited by ForsakenLament 04 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Out of curiousity, how "mature" is Silent Hill? Like Bioshock (I'm guessing with more gore etc.)
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:49 am

I think if I remember right it was a bit kinda scary/horror game, but Im really not sure. Skye is probably the expert for that serie.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 pm

I think my only problem with this bit of news is that we're getting a game over a decade old ported to the Wii. C'mon Konami, why not make a new Silent Hill that's completely tailored to the Wii's system rather than getting a port? Dead Rising and Dead Space are getting this treatment, so why not Silent Hill? Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see; personally, as I started with Silent Hill 2, I think it'll be nice to go back and play the original, but I still remain a skeptic.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Well, from what the news had mentioned, the game will be a complete remake of the original game...so i would expect a relatively new experience..at least in terms of graphics and gameplay. What worries me though, is the quality of the remake...if they emphasize the PSP more than the wii, I think things may end up being a disappointment...

@Smashed-
Silent Hill isn't so much a gory game as it is just a scary game. Sure there is blood, but the really scary thing about the game is its disturbing nature...it's hard to explain really, I'll try and find a video that will show you, if you feel you have the courage to watch it...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Well, from what the news had mentioned, the game will be a complete remake of the original game...so i would expect a relatively new experience..at least in terms of graphics and gameplay. What worries me though, is the quality of the remake...if they emphasize the PSP more than the wii, I think things may end up being a disappointment...

@Smashed-
Silent Hill isn't so much a gory game as it is just a scary game. Sure there is blood, but the really scary thing about the game is its disturbing nature...it's hard to explain really, I'll try and find a video that will show you, if you feel you have the courage to watch it...

Thanks! It sounds interesting....if there aren't any major problems, I might be able to talk mom into letting me get it....
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow, I'm only a month or so late, but here is the trailer to the second Silent Hill game, which is considered by many to not only be the very best of the Silent hill games, but also one of most psychologically deep games ever created. Unlike the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill is known for its storyline and deep themes far more than its gameplay.

The Trailer shouldn't be too frightening-
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Actually, IGN just released word that Silent Hill is officially coming to the Wii, and the Wii alone. It is a "re-imagining" of the very first Silent Hill game which was on PS1, and is in no way a port or a direct remake. Apparently, konami is putting everything into this title, and it looks like it really could be a huge hit on the wii...especially because it's actually a real game, not a rails shooter or a mini-game fest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*   *Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Discussion Thread*
Page 1 of 1