For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

*ACEN 2013 Information Thread*

Go down 
+2
frozentreasure
Forsaken Lament 44
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

*ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Empty
PostSubject: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:00 am

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been a stranger lately, but I figure now is a good time for me to start the planning phase of the upcoming Anime Central Convention, which will be held right here in good old Chicago May 17th through the 19th! Now for those of you who made it last year, you'll immediately notice that this year's convention is markedly later than last year's (by nearly a month, actually). I'm not sure how this schedule change will effect you guys, but hopefully it won't be in a bad way!

Anyway, as you know (from experience or from just hearing about it), this convention is a hell of a lot of fun, and it's even better when more people go. Having said that, I really hope that more people are able to make it this year. Last year there were just four of us, but it really was awesome! Now you may be wondering why I'm bringing this up now, seeing as the convention is more than 5 months away...well, that's a good question! Since the world hasn't ended AND this takes a LOT of planning, it's DEFINITELY imperative that we get things set up as early as possible. What do I mean by getting things set up? Well, here's a list of arrangements that need to be made rather soon:

#1: First and foremost, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is key. I CANNOT stress enough how important this is, not only because you'll save money ($48 until January 1st, $53 until April 1st), but also because waiting too long (AFTER April 1st) will cause you to wait in obnoxiously long lines. Believe me.

**Oh, I'll mention that you can have your badge mailed to you for $2, or you can just pick it up there.

#2: Travel arrangements have to be set up. As Roy can explain, getting to Chicago isn't always that easy, especially when you're flying. If you're not driving, your life will be a lot easier and things will likely be cheaper for you if you plan this ahead of time. Also, as I'll likely be meeting you when you first get here, it'll really be helpful for me to know all the details.

#3: Where are you going to stay? Well, last time we all crashed at my place, which turned just fine (besides my apartment being a bit trashed, lol). But if we get a lot of people, would we perhaps get a hotel AT the convention instead? Will we have enough room at my place? Should some people stay here, and others get a hotel? These are important things to start thinking about now!

#4: Perhaps one of the most important things to think about when coming to ACEN is money. Yeah, registration costs a bit more than we'd like and chances are traveling to Chicago isn't going to be cheap, but considering all the marvelous wares the Dealer's Room has to offer, you'll thank me if you take my advice and SAVE SOME MONEY!! Believe me, last year I was flat broke, and watching everyone else buy things while I stood around looking pitiful wasn't a fun experience...Oh, and don't forget, even if you stay with me, you'll have to have money for food and the like, so start saving now!

Ok, I think that covers the basics. If anyone wants to learn more about Registration or just find out more about the convention, just check out the website and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Also, if anyone has any questions for me the best way to get hold of me (since I'm not online as much as I'd like) is either through email (pooorcory1012@yahoo.com) or by texting me. If you don't have my number, email me and I might give it to you... Cool

From here on out, I'll let this thread be an overall discussion thread for Acen 2013 and everything Acen related. Also, I'd like to make a list of people who are coming, and since I just registered tonight, I'll be the first on the list.

***FTW Acen 2013 Attendees List***
Forsaken Lament 44
Doppelganger24
Frozentreasure (most likely)
Everlong
Jazmin (Everlong's GF)
SilensCaelum
Theresa (possibly-Skye's friend)

Oh, and just to let you guys know, I'll be posting some pictures from last year's Acen to give those of you who didn't make it an idea of what's in store!
Thanks for the interest guys, I really hope you can make it!
~Forsaken

Last edited by Forsaken Lament 44 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 am

Here are the pics I mentioned...enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 am

I have the best timing for actually checking for new threads and posts.

Anyway, I'll be buying a ticket sometime in the new year. I wanted to have the money to get one before they went up in price, but oh well. That's not to say I'll necessarily be able to make it again, but I'll be getting the ticket to the con anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 am

sign me up good buddy because like i said before I WILL BE GOING THIS TIME! WOO! Very Happy i kinda wish i could find a good costume to wear. thats one thing i have been DYING to do haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 am

Sweet. I updated our attendees list! I'm assuming Tighe and Jasmin will be coming as well, but I'll wait to officially get their word on it before I add them. Like I said above guys, if you're fairly dead set on coming, or just want to buy the ticket (like you said, Roy) you may as well register now and save yourself five bucks!

Btw, how do you think you'll be getting here Jody? You plan on driving or flying?

And does anyone plan on doing any cosplay?? And if so, of what? It'd be awesome to see some cool costumes in our group.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

As much as I like driving I plan to fly I don't think I could make a 13 hour drive

Edit: I refuse to go if Skye is not going lol
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:10 pm

If I end up going and I get a large enough suitcase to fit it this time, I'll be bringing something.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Oh Skye, I've been trying for ages to get her to come to Acen, and to no avail. She does, however, seem to be more interested this time around, especially since I've gotten her to watch some anime and shown her some pictures from last time...I mean, she just doesn't know what she's missing, especially since she lives sooo darn close to it! I mean, there's no excuse! I'll try to persuade her..if you can drop her a little message on PSN or something, that certainly wouldn't hurt! Cool

Oh, thinking of doing some cosplay Roy? Should be interesting...I'll try to keep my cat out of your bag this time around. He was darn annoying before.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm still sorta planning to cosplay but its not something too complex
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:38 am

Those pics are freaking amazing Forsaken! I particularly like the Shadow Link, and the Mario up there really cracked me up. I'm really feeling jealous now....

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:51 am

Oh yeah...I definitely think that Shadow Link was one of the best cosplays I saw at last year's con, if not ever in my entire history going to to the con. Very epic. I really wish you could come Smashed, you're really missing out. It's a ton of fun. Plus I'm intrigued to see what kind of cosplay Jody and/or Roy come up with! Btw, I'm going to take more pictures next time, the pictures of the four of us didn't turn out all that well, I'm like looking off into space. I simply didn't take enough...a problem which will be rectified in the upcoming year!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 am

You and me both, pal.....although I don't haven't really seen that much anime, so I'm not sure just how well I'd fit in, there, honestly. Maybe one of these years. (Right after our Brawl match Neutral )
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 am

Well, if I don't end up getting to go, I'll just put some pictures of my costume up here.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Do you have an idea of when you may be find out if you'll be going or not Roy? A ballpark idea would be nice.

And I don't really think you need to see a ton of anime, since a about 40% of the con is videogame themed. I've seen my fair share of animes, but most of the people at ACEN put me to shame in that department. You really should consider watching some anime though Smashed, it's certainly worth it, and you can find most online for free and dubbed into english.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm waiting to hear back about a job application, which I should get in the next week or so. When I do, I'll know if I can go or not.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 am

Well....crap. I don't have any more excuses, do I? Razz Seriously though, do you have any you'd recommend? I've heard a few good things about Death Note from some friends - would you say that's worth watching?
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Hmmmmmmm *_*
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Panty and Stocking. Go watch those; really good, really short (comparatively).
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm

I would say Death Note and Cowboy Bebop are good animes for beginners, as they're fairly realistic...at least, relative to most other animes. I would also recommend Black Lagoon, which I've only just recently started watching and has a bit of a Cowboy Bebop vibe.

And How about you Skye? Any recommendations? Any news on your Acen attendance perhaps???
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 am

Alright, everyone, I got tasked to post in the thread because last night, we actually discussed over Skype some of the details for ACEN 2013. I don't think it's really going to be too different from the discussion last year, but here goes (bullet point style).

-Jazmin and I will be attending this year. However, due to constraints, it's only going to be about 4 days (that's all she can get off from work). I may or may not be able to be there on May 17 due to my finals schedule and work; work shouldn't be a problem, but finals could screw it up so we arrive pretty late.

-Jody won't have problems going; done with school then (...lucky). He'll arrive on Wednesday, two days before con.

-Roy is up in the air: there are a lot of things that need to go right for him, such as his mom sticking with the current airline she's employed with at the moment as they'd give her a discount ticket for the trip, amongst other things.

-No word on if Skye is going to come (she was at Target and couldn't with us). Cory's said she's expressed interest, though.

-May 17 to 19 will be ACEN itself: Sunday, the 19th, might have us leave early as many things will be winding down. Not sure if we really determined what we'd do, but I think that seeing Chicago itself was kicked around a bit.

-Jazmin and I will be leaving on Monday the 20th.

I think that was everything. If anyone else remembers something else, please post it here!
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 am

Roy had told me to bring my Wiiu which i had plans to bring it because i doubt that Cory would be getting one anytime between now and May. I also have a question is it ok if i bring my PS3? i know that both Cory and Skye has one but i want to bring mine because it will have DLC for games that i would like us to play such as Playstation Brawl, Resident Evil, and any other game i have that you guys want me to bring.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 am

Is it not possible to bring the DLC over on a USB drive or something?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm

doubt it because I would have to also move my profile which would take an even larger amount of space than the DLC
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Actually, Jody, depending on what you want to bring, I could always bring my PS3 with me (so you'd only have to try to try packing the Wii U). I have PlayStation All-Stars too and plan on getting whatever DLC comes out for it between now and May. Then again, that only covers one game and, of course, there's none of your progress with that...

It's just a suggestion at least. What were you considering bringing besdies PSA and RE?

Last edited by Everlong on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

they were the main 2 i wanted to bring the rest of my collection was up for debate because i didn't know if any one else cared to play them. the other games i have that has multiplayer are
(Disk Games)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (plus ultimate version)
Super Street Fighter 4 (all DLC)
Street Fighter x Tekken (all DLC)
Uncharted 2&3
(on my system)
Bioshock 2
Pay Day
little big planet 1&2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *ACEN 2013 Information Thread*   *ACEN 2013 Information Thread* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*ACEN 2013 Information Thread*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next