For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Greatest Mario Adventure

Go down 
+3
SmashedBrother
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
7 posters

What was the absolute BEST Mario game?
Super Mario Bros (NES)
Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_lcap13%Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Mario Bros 2 (NES)
Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_lcap0%Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_lcap25%Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Super Mario World (SNES)
Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_lcap38%Greatest Mario Adventure Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Mario RPG (SNES)
 13% [ 1 ]
Mario 64 (N64)
 13% [ 1 ]
Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
 0% [ 0 ]
New Super Mario Bros (DS)
 0% [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Greatest Mario Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:45 pm

I have been playing the Mario games since i was only 3 years old, and have been loving them ever since. There has not been a mario game that I haven't loved....which makes this choice soooo much more difficult! To a person like myself, all of these games are classic...but alas, i can only vote once...

So My vote goes to Super Mario World for SNES! I know the others were amazing, parituclarily Mario 3, 64, and Galaxy. THese games are osme of the best ever made in my opinion, but Mario World perfected the side scrolling adventure, and brought so much fun into Mario's universe. It was such a treat to ride Yoshi and eat enemies, only to regurgitate them as fireballs...and who could forget fighting all of the Koopalings in each of the 7 castles? There were so many secrets, items, stages, and things to do in that game that it is a true classic. Oh, and did I mention it was the very first game i beat in my entire life? (I beat it when i was 5 geek )
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:34 pm

sounds great but I haven't played most of these as I'm a bit younger than you tongue but I'll choose super mario bros. 3

~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:21 pm

@Cory - It looks like we're on the same page here. To be fair, I enjoy every Mario game I ever played and I haven't played Marios 64, RPG, and of course Galaxy, but even if I had I think Mario World would still be NO.1. ( We have a SNES(2 actually) here that still work almost perfectly that we like to break out every now and again, so we still play it from time to time. We also have a NES but it 's pretty obvious that it's old.)
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:14 am

yes, it seems we are on the same page my friend, but seriously, do yourself a favor and AT LEAST play Mario 64 and Galaxy....you really haven't lived until you've played them...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 pm

@Forsaken - I don't have a Wii yet (believe me, Mario Galaxy will be one the first things on my list after Brawl). As for Mario 64, I'm working on getting it.

Currently I'm trying to finsh Metroid Prime 2 (I got stuck trying to figure out how to open the gate at the Forgotten Bridge. I just found the other half- pipe a couple of days back.) I love how creative those games are, and the REALLY know how to set the mood. It's also one of the very few games with challenging CPUs.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm

well im not going to tell u what i picked i will let u guess lol!

but with the good comes the bad check this vid of the top ten Worst Mario Games!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:48 pm

The video stopped playing half way through!!!! Sad

It was pretty good though, I remember Mario Teaches typing from my 3rd grade computer class....why didn't i put that classic on the list? lol

Oh, and Mario 2 was pretty messed up....but I still loved it since i played it all the time when i was a kid. Still wierd that it wasn't a real mario game though...oh, and it was hard as hell too...I could beat it when i was a kid, but I can hardly get past the second stage now! What's that all about?? lol
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 am

Jody2089geno wrote:
well im not going to tell u what i picked i will let u guess lol!

but with the good comes the bad check this vid of the top ten Worst Mario Games!

that was awesome! ~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:05 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
The video stopped playing half way through!!!! Sad

It was pretty good though, I remember Mario Teaches typing from my 3rd grade computer class....why didn't i put that classic on the list? lol

Oh, and Mario 2 was pretty messed up....but I still loved it since i played it all the time when i was a kid. Still wierd that it wasn't a real mario game though...oh, and it was hard as hell too...I could beat it when i was a kid, but I can hardly get past the second stage now! What's that all about?? lol

oops i will try again

now for the top 10 best mario games i agree with both lists

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Well, obviously these vids are just a little old...(no Galaxy, and obviously Brawl isn't out yet)...but not bad! I must say though...I'm surprised you agree with the best mario game list Jody, Mario RPG was really low on the list, i mean, BEHIND Dr. Mario!!

But Yeah...Mario 3 was amazing...if you haven't played it, i pitty you and your children...lol geek
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:21 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Well, obviously these vids are just a little old...(no Galaxy, and obviously Brawl isn't out yet)...but not bad! I must say though...I'm surprised you agree with the best mario game list Jody, Mario RPG was really low on the list, i mean, BEHIND Dr. Mario!!

But Yeah...Mario 3 was amazing...if you haven't played it, i pitty you and your children...lol geek

yea i know it was low but like i always say u can not beat the classic
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:45 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

in smb3, in thw first world how do you get past the first fortress (the bit with the falling spikes)?? I'm stuck there Sad
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:14 pm

firegremlin wrote:
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

in smb3, in thw first world how do you get past the first fortress (the bit with the falling spikes)?? I'm stuck there Sad
~firegremlin~

You get to point where the spikes are higher than the rest (right at the beginning virtually.) and you duck (down on the control pad) until the spikes start going back up. Once they're high enough, jump across the platforms and run to the end of the room. You should see a door sinking down. Above it the spikes are also higher than the rest, so just duck and wait for the door to come back up.
Back to top Go down
BrawlBrotherKOking

BrawlBrotherKOking

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 am

Well I loved mario galaxy but it kind of dissapointed me that you got to fight bowser so easily by just getting 50 stars <________< but it was still really good as far as the video goes I watched it like 5 times and laughed every time lmao.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 am

BrawlBrotherKOking wrote:
Well I loved mario galaxy but it kind of dissapointed me that you got to fight bowser so easily by just getting 50 stars <________< but it was still really good as far as the video goes I watched it like 5 times and laughed every time lmao.

i love the videos to so many funny sayings in it
"A game that teaches kids how to type? hahaha (fake laugh) NO!" lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp;amp;amp
firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
firegremlin wrote:
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

~firegremlin~

You get to point where the spikes are higher than the rest (right at the beginning virtually.) and you duck (down on the control pad) until the spikes start going back up. Once they're high enough, jump across the platforms and run to the end of the room. You should see a door sinking down. Above it the spikes are also higher than the rest, so just duck and wait for the door to come back up.
okay thanks a lot!
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm

NOTE this is pugs sis and..... Mario World was my favorite hands down!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Mario 3 was the best for me ! U could stock up so manyitems on your list and use it when u wanted, get items from item"shop", play side games but the most fun part was 2 player part! We always fought for who finish the second or third stage in the first world so that the other would get the item lol!

And I can't imagine that the "angry nintendo freak' would make a top ten GOOD games lol!!
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Mario Adventure   Greatest Mario Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Mario Adventure
Page 1 of 1