For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

The Best Star Wars Film

Go down 
+4
waaar81
firegremlin
BrawlBrotherKOking
Forsaken Lament 44
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The Best Star Wars Movie
The Phantom Menace
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Attack of the Clones
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Revenge of the Sith
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
A New Hope
 0% [ 0 ]
The Empire Strikes Back
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Return of the Jedi
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Star Wars: Ewok Adventure (yes, it's real)
The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Back

AuthorMessage
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

the new ones have better graffics.... but old ones have that cool feel with old movies.....
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:10 am

look people, the old ones were made first...star wars was made into a classic because of them, and the old movies are revered as classics...not necessarily the new ones. Back then, the graphics they used in star wars were revolutionary, but in the new ones, that wasn't necessarily the case...while it was great computer animation, it wasn't like it hadn't been done before.

It's important to remember that the new movies were built AROUND the old movies...so the old movies are the authority on what is right and what is wrong. While Luke did train extrememly quickly, he did possess skill. And think about it-at the end of Return of the Jedi, do you really think Darth Vader wanted to kill his son? he was already starting to have mixed feelings before the battle...it seems he wasn't trying anymore. Also, Vader was old, tired, and out of practice by then...just listen to jis horrible breathing sound in the last battle. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he was tired of the evil the emperor brought to him...he lost not because he was worse, but because he was turning to the light side.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
look people, the old ones were made first...star wars was made into a classic because of them, and the old movies are revered as classics...not necessarily the new ones. Back then, the graphics they used in star wars were revolutionary, but in the new ones, that wasn't necessarily the case...while it was great computer animation, it wasn't like it hadn't been done before.

It's important to remember that the new movies were built AROUND the old movies...so the old movies are the authority on what is right and what is wrong. While Luke did train extrememly quickly, he did possess skill. And think about it-at the end of Return of the Jedi, do you really think Darth Vader wanted to kill his son? he was already starting to have mixed feelings before the battle...it seems he wasn't trying anymore. Also, Vader was old, tired, and out of practice by then...just listen to jis horrible breathing sound in the last battle. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he was tired of the evil the emperor brought to him...he lost not because he was worse, but because he was turning to the light side.

Wow Cory... what an emotional speech Sleep
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:40 am

What can I say? I've benn watching Star Wars for as long as i can remember and I'm a geek when it comes to it...lol
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
What can I say? I've benn watching Star Wars for as long as i can remember and I'm a geek when it comes to it...lol
now that you metion it... me too Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 am

lol yeah...Star Wars is one thing I'll never be ashamed to admit I'm a fan of...I've loved it since day one, and I'll love it to the end...and when i hear that someone has never seen it, it drives me CRAZY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrawlBrotherKOking

BrawlBrotherKOking

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 am

Hey Cory do you like any of the star wars video games???

and have you played God of war 1 and 2 yet?????? do it NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Star wars bores me. Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:11 am

looks like your BOREDOM has killed the topic...lol

Star Wars is great! A classic! And many of the videogames are awesome too!!! There's no denying it!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:58 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

Star Wars is great! A classic! And many of the videogames are awesome too!!! There's no denying it!!!!
THEN WHY DONT YOU LIKE SWFU?
(star wars force unleashed) oops caps
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:20 pm

pugsly1000 wrote:
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

THEN WHY DONT YOU LIKE SWFU?
(star wars force unleashed) oops caps
because that's a crappy spin-off which has nothing to do with the plot of star wars but instead was made for LucasArts to get more money. though, after saying that, I will still get it for rental to see what it's like
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, I agree SmashedBrother. They change the story in these games to make them playable and to make them interesting...but you really can't take them seriously in the overall storyline. Hell, I don't even take those stupid books seriously...the movies are really it for me.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:34 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Yeah, I agree SmashedBrother. They change the story in these games to make them playable and to make them interesting...but you really can't take them seriously in the overall storyline. Hell, I don't even take those stupid books seriously...the movies are really it for me.

You said it! (although does The Phantom Menance (*to Star Wars*) REALLY count as one of the movies? Even The Clone Wars just barely qualifies (only because it doesn't have Qui-Gon Evil or Very Mad - thank you Darth Maul!!! Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Well I think a lot of Star Wars fans feel the same way you and I do Smashed...most people hated Phantom Menace, and didn't like Clone Wars much more....only Revenge of the Sith was decent, and really as far as I'm concerned, if Revenge of the Sith was the only new movie made, I would have been fine with it! I mean, clearly, no one has really done much with the clone Wars in terms of videogames, although they are working on a wii-exclusive game based off of the new Cartoon series(which is supposed to be bad, btw).
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:57 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Well I think a lot of Star Wars fans feel the same way you and I do Smashed...most people hated Phantom Menace, and didn't like Clone Wars much more....only Revenge of the Sith was decent, and really as far as I'm concerned, if Revenge of the Sith was the only new movie made, I would have been fine with it! I mean, clearly, no one has really done much with the clone Wars in terms of videogames, although they are working on a wii-exclusive game based off of the new Cartoon series(which is supposed to be bad, btw).

The sad thing is the general idea wasn't too bad, in and of itself. If only they had actually taken a chance to proofread the script instead of just getting it over with and on the special effects (which were very, very good, but without a story...what's the point?) it actually could have been pretty good, I think...Instead PM was totally pointless (except to get Qui-Gon killed Twisted Evil , I just wish they hadn't taken a whole movie to do it...) and CW was dumb...

Revenge of the Sith did an incredible job, especially considering they still had the first two prequels to work with, but it was the one in the new series to be any good....

Personally I like the Empire Strikes back the best - The ending, where Darth Vader reveales that he's Luke's father was what really made the story IMO...
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:

Personally I like the Empire Strikes back the best - The ending, where Darth Vader reveales that he's Luke's father was what really made the story IMO...

yes that was good but the quote will never die

"luke i am your father" The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 43084
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I just watched the Empire Strikes Back the other day, and I have to say that I love that movie the most out of all of them....the new movies just don't compare...I watched Revenge of the Sith the other day as well, and as good as it was, it was just missing the original feel...i guess i don't know how to explain it, but there will never again be anything like the originals...and fancy special effects can't make up for it...actually, they make things even worse...in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Star Wars Film   The Best Star Wars Film - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Star Wars Film
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2