For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Gaming Nights: A Return?

Go down 
+3
StarRoadWarrior
waaar81
SmashedBrother
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Will you be able to attend the gaming nights? PLEASE READ ARTICLE FOR DETAILS!!!
Yes
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_lcap89%Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 89% [ 8 ]
No
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Well, there are 3 of us on the chat now, however I think Luis and Jody will be here soon...hopefully we can get a decent little group together...actually, I think Skye may even join in, which would be pretty nice, eh?
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Cool! Speaking of which, what happened to her?

I don't think this will be the biggest game & chat night we've had. I didn't pm everyone. (in fact most of you)
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Well, there are currently about 6 people online...and hopefully Jody and Blitz will be arriving soon, so lets hope...

oh, and sadly I think I may have been wrong about Skye...doesn't look like she'll be on, at least for a while...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:42 pm

What did happen to Skye anyway? IS she alright?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah, she's fine...she just hasn't been all that motivated to post. Hopefully the growing traffic will encourage her
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Hmm, hope so.

In case anyone was wondering what I was doing on, I was just checking out how things went (who all came on.) I left in hopes of not breaking the spirit of mom's rule TOO badly. (She let me on as long as I didn't post, and just saw who came on. The only reason I posted was because I had seen Roy's post, and I didn't want anyone to think that there was some kind of stalker) Thanks to everyone who came!

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:53 am

Thanks Smashed, just to let you know, here's a list of people who took part:

ForsakenLament 04
StarRoadWarrior
Pugsly1000
The Burning Soul
Gimic300
TrueDestroyer
Firegremlin
Cherry Kirby

We had some great brawls, and plenty of other non-playing traffic. I would call tonight's event a success. Cool
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am

Any1 feel like we should bring this back?
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Not yet, I feel we just should stabilise the wesite first, then worry about these extras.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Agreed. For now, we must focus on reorganizing. If anything, we could still participate in casual online. Just that organized events like this wouldn't necessarily work out as well at the moment.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:15 pm

just throwing this out to you guys i would still like to have a game night with anyone online playing some sort of online game and do commentary while playing then post it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:25 pm

I personally don't see it working just yet, but if someone wants to give it a try, I won't stop you. It would be nice to have some new vids...I'd like to put something cool on the portal.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm

i was telling waar i would love to do a video with him, you and/or skye, luis and myself i dont know if you saw the video that i did with a friend when we did the halo reach beta but i know its really not the best video in the world but imo my best video ever why? because we had fun just playing the game and chatting and i would like to do it with the site

Last edited by Doppelgänger24 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm

I think that would be great. Would you mind posting some of the vids in the FTW vids thread so everyone could see them a bit more easily? I'd also like to see your best which include other members so I can put one on the portal.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 pm

done also just a thought by me if we do voice or not i could upload a 'weekly' online game. Ex if me and luis did tatsunoko vs capcom i could upload that as a weekly video. or me and sky on GH or what every im open to anything
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm not sure how active the chat is, but I think we should hold off for now. The main reason we did this was to get members on at the same time, since activety was falling off. I think that it when things get less active would be the best time to start them going again to rebuild interest. Just my 0.2
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 am

True, however when something like this is planned and fails horribly, which is most often the case, it leads to even lower morale. At least, that's what always seems to happen based on experience. I think it is perceived as a desperate move, and desperation leads to desertion...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

I will be a necro this time and revive this

/me wants to have gaming nights again
I was hoping we could arrange something alike for certains days of the week, per ex saturday and sunday evenings.
We could probably meet in the chat or skype and coordinate from there
It doesnt have to be a specific game or system only but atleast it would be a good way to find people and enjoy some good online gaming
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:38 pm

I guess I'll revive this again Waaar. I'd love to do this but the main reason I've been hesitant is due to my own personal inability to commit to a specific night, primarily due to my unpredictable schedule which consumes most of my weeknights. The other two are reserved for social functions...in all honesty, most nights I'm not on until at least 11 Central time (as most people who chat regularly know).

But of course, this shouldn't hinder any efforts to arrange something. We used to have so much fun with our gaming and chat nights, I'd be happy to help set something up, and I would try my hardest to be there if something was arranged.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:40 pm

That's also my reason for not attending these; I can't commit to a specific night. I tend to be busy as well and only pop in every once in a while. Another reason is that we all don't share the same games to play onine other than Brawl (which I want to avoid). As pessimestic as this sounds, I honestly don't see how this will pan out long-term. As always though, you're all welcome to try Smile
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 am

Well, in order for something like this to see any measure of success, I think someone has to own it, gather people together, plan and coordinate things...Seeing as I won't be able to say with confidence when I can and cant be there, I can't be that person. I don't think you can either Blitz. That leaves Smashed or Jody, (unless someone else is just dying to do it, although I think the use of the admin panel would be helpful to make scrolling announcements or send out newsletters).
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:12 am

Well, keep in mind that it's more of an informal event. Nobody is absolutely required to attend every time....or play games for that matter. All I really hope for is that by having a consistent time when the site is active, we won't have to deal with people popping in and seeing a dead site.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to help with setting things up, once we settle on something specific.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Nights: A Return?   Gaming Nights: A Return? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming Nights: A Return?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2